Monday, August 3, 2009

Finally

Hello all!

I've been away for a while. Haven't had a chance to really write anything solid. Last week I helped put on a workshop with teachers at my site. The Literacy Professional Development Course is for those teachers looking to improve their skills in teaching literacy fundamentals to their students in the classroom. Part of this workshop was helping them design and implement a reading program for ten days during the holiday month of August. This reading program is open to students for free and began today. The teachers performed magnificently today and it was great to see them working with students outside of their classrooms. Our very own Bartica Learning Resource Center is where this program is being held and I have to say, we're pretty proud that it is being used for workshops and programs.

Anyway, I don't have much time to go into details. Maybe tomorrow. I will say that it feels good to find some direction after six months of waiting, watching, and wondering.

Miss ya'll

1 comment:

Jules said...

What a great way to make a difference! It must feel so rewarding.