Saturday, May 8, 2010

One Good Thing

 "One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain."

Whether or not you think this quote profound, I don't really care.  I like to hear it being said and being sung.  It helps me maintain perspective on the culture down here when I forget how American I can be.  I often write and rewrite this quote in my head or in my journal.  Sometimes it is a written stand-in on days I am too lazy to write a journal entry.  I've been a lot of lazy lately. 

Hmmm, Laziness, you are such a fine vice to enjoy except you don't help anybody except for the person who is enjoying you.  All the while, friends and family are awaiting news from afar.  Updates from the exotic land.  Word about the news and the what have you and the dozen versions of ants that crawl across the kitchen sink.  But, I digress.

I've written this quote here because it's been almost a month since I've posted something and I'm a bit anxious to write some more after a month of silence.

...Maybe tomorrow, or Monday.  Time to go listen to "Trenchtown Rock."

Lyrics are here.

No comments: