Monday, June 15, 2009

Smiley Smile

Journal: June 14th, 2009

Listening to the Beach Boys always stirs up emotions of a fleeting summer; ESPECIALLY when I am far from home. Is it cause California beaches are the greatest in the world? Or is it because Brian Wilson is insane? Good Vibrations is my pick for his masterpiece single.

To me, the feeling of fleeting is difficult to compare to any other feeling. It is unique. It's lives in my gut and at the center of my sternum. It's bitter and sweet and has a hint of pang all at the same time.

Summer is just starting where home is. Here, the rainy season has finally kicked off and when it rains, it gets cool and feels sort of like Southern California. It might be the happiest part of my day. I love the temperature and the fleeting emotion it brings me.

Gotta keep those lovin good vibrations a happenin with her...

1 comment:

Josh Moorman said...

I know what you mean about sliding into summer with Brian Wilson on the mind. I too love the Beach Boys late 60's period and am just about to start on a book about the whole "SMiLE" thing from 66'-67' so it's interesting timing. Anyway, I hope your summer is starting well and that Brian and boys can serve as a reminder of home.