I haven't decided whether or not my iPod is going to accompany me to Guyana. Petty theft is very high there and their rule of thumb with valuables is this: "If it's valuable to you, then don't take it because it will get stolen." My iPod is definitely one of my most valued possessions. Not because of what it is, but what it holds inside.
In honor of music and its ability to transform your state of mind in almost any situation, I've started a "deserted island" list of albums for Guyana. In the even that I do take it overseas, I want to make sure I stock it with really good music.
Without further ado, here's my top ten (but could easily be turned into 20):
- The Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
- Paul Simon - Graceland
- Branford Marsalis Quartet - Romare Bearden Revealed
- The White Stripes - White Blood Cells (or Icky Thump)
- Ludwig van Beethoven - Complete Sonatas
- NOFX - So Long & Thanks for All the Fish
- The Beatles - White Album
- Ben Folds - Ben Folds Live
- Simon & Garfunkel - Bookends
- Roger Miller - Roger Miller's All Time Greatest Hits
I would LOVE to see what your top ten are.